Cause Of Acne
Dead skin cells are sometimes trapped in your skin, instead of being shed off. This causes the pores to be clogged by oil and dead skin cells, resulting in whiteheads, blackheads and different forms of acne.
Tips To Combat Acne
All anti-acne treatment is aimed at reducing inflammation and preventing breakouts. Here are simple skincare steps you should follow to get rid of acne:
- Cleanse face twice a day to get rid of acne-causing bacteria, dust, and oil
- Exfoliate 2-3 times a week, at night, to clear out your pores
- Use gentle skincare to prevent any damage to the skin barrier
- Use moisturizers made especially for your skin
- Use topical ingredients that are made to counter acne
- Avoid touching your face
- Follow a skincare procedure
Know Your Ingredients
Getting rid of acne does not depend solely on using a prescription product, but on using the right products with the right ingredients that do not damage your skin.
Here’s a list of ingredients that you should check for in your skincare:
- Azelaic Acid
- Aloe Vera
But most importantly, the skincare should be free of SLS & SLES that are used as cleansing agents and end up exposing the skin to damage and acne.
SkinKraft’s Anti-Acne Active
Azelaic Acid (Azl) used in the formulation clears up bacteria- infested acne.
This powers the 'Acne Control Face Cream' with anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. The active not only addresses current acne but also created a barrier against any further development.
Following A Daily Care Regimen
A daily regimen targets every aspect of your skin while also addressing your acne. But while zeroing in on a regimen, what’s important is to know and use skincare that’s right for your skin.
1. Cleanse- as an essential step in skincare, it can protect your skin, or expose it to damage. It is recommended to cleanse your skin twice a day to keep off the acne-causing bacteria, but using the wrong cleanser can only flare up your acne. Here’s why:
- Harsh cleansers can disrupt the pH balance of your skin, damaging the skin’s natural barrier
- A damaged natural barrier leaves the skin exposed to damage, resulting in acne as a defense mechanism
- Using cleansers with ingredients not suited to your skin type can cause inflammation- a primary cause of acne
2. Moisturize- an essential step in maintaining the health of the skin. No matter what skin type, what issue, moisturizing your skin is a must. But, that does not mean any moisturizer can benefit your skin.
The right moisturizer should restore and renew your skin from within, which requires it to repair the skin’s natural barrier.
General moisturizers, unlike the barrier repair formulations, are not capable of doing so. They only create a protective layer on the skin to prevent water loss and do not enhance skin health.
3. Treat- every active is formulated with ingredients specific to the effect and intensity of the issue. The active ingredients- azelaic acid, benzoyl peroxide, retinoids- tend to be drying, and using them in non-prescribed proportions can further dry out your skin and flare up inflammation.
Knowing your skin and the intensity of the issue becomes important before using any skincare.
Using the right skincare in this 3 step process, only complements every skincare step. By repairing, nourishing and protecting the skin, each step preps the skin to absorb the next product better, only enhancing the health of your skin.
SkinKraft vs OTC Products
General skincare is made for a million other skin types, completely ignoring the unique skin characteristics- redness, lifestyle effects, hydration, etc- that are unique to each person.
With skin characteristics being the center of focus in SkinKraft, each product is customized to suit your unique needs.
Here’s what makes SkinKraft safer and more effective than general skincare:
- A 3-step customized regimen
- Every product is pH balancing (5.5-6)
- Moisturizers include ceramides that repair the skin’s natural barrier, maintaining the skin’s health and nourishing it
- Clinically tested and time-proven ingredients
- Free of 24 toxic ingredients- SLS, SLES, Parabens, etc.,
- A unique follow-up system to give your skin everything it needs, at all times
Was this Article helpful?
- Least helpful
- Most helpful
How can we make this page better?
What did you like about this page?
Thank you for your feedback on this article.