Acne is a common concern faced by men and women globally, it generally starts in our teenage years and progresses as we grow older. Acne forms over time due to bacteria build-up on the skin mainly due to hormonal changes in the body.
There are many ways to control acne on your face, and it is done by simply following a few steps. One of which includes taking a simple Skin ID Test with SkinKraft and get an idea about how severe your skin issue is.
Pro-tip: Cleansing and moisturising are two simple ways that keep acne in check and keep your skin healthy.
What Are The Types Of Acne?
According to dermatology, acne is graded from grade (I) through (IV), with (I) being mild, and (IV) being severe. Furthermore, acne is classified into - Non- Inflammatory Acne & Inflammatory Acne.
Non-Inflammatory Acne - It does not cause swelling. It most commonly includes blackheads and whiteheads.
- Whiteheads: Are just like blackheads, but the top of the pore is also clogged.
- Blackheads: Occur when your pores are blocked by sebum - the natural oil on your skin - and dead skin cells. The top of the pore stays open.
Inflammatory Acne - Inflammatory acne can be caused by bacteria called Malassezia. That, along with dead skin and sebum - can cause inflammatory acne and results in swelling usually coloured in red.
- Papules: Are hard, clogged pores that are tender to touch.
- Pustules: Like papules, these clogged pores are pus-filled bumps and usually have a yellow or white head on top.
- Nodules: When clogged pores are irritated for a long time, they develop deep within the skin, deeper than papules and pustules. Clinical help is required for treatment.
- Cysts: A severe infection of pores that develops deeper than nodules. Clinical help is required for treatment.
You too can understand the severity of your skin issue with SkinKraft's very own Skin ID test, which will help you analyse your skin type and how to take care of it. Go Check it out!