Our skin is exposed to a variety of inevitable harmful toxins on a daily basis. The negative effects of these toxicants are what we call daily damage. The short-term effects of daily damage include dry, dull looking skin, irritation, and sensitivity. However, prolonged daily damage can cause severe skin concerns- eczema, wrinkles and in some cases, skin cancer.
Here are some of the external factors of daily damage:
- Sun exposure
- Fine particles, smoke, microorganisms
- Second-hand smoke
The list can go on. But, apart from these, there are a number of things we do, unconsciously, every single day that can wreak havoc on our skin:
- Using skin care products which don't suit your skin type
- Sleeping with your makeup on
- Unprotected sun exposure
- Picking at your pimples or scabs
Effects Of Daily Damage
The skin barrier is a framework that acts as a shield- maintaining skin’s moisture levels and keeping out foreign particles from the deeper layers of skin. Continuous exposure to toxicants renders gaps within this protective framework.
- Constant friction between damaging factors can disrupt the skin barrier, opening up the deeper layers of skin to pollutants.
- Harsh skin care products can strip your skin of its essential oils, inducing overproduction of oils as your skin’s defense mechanism.
- Free radicals in the atmosphere combined with UV radiations decrease the production of collagen and elastin, as result skin loses elasticity, increasing the appearance of fine lines.
Daily damage cannot be averted, but, it can definitely be reduced. When it comes to taking care of your skin, here are some rules that you can follow to fight daily damage:
Following a skin care regimen consistently will help your skin achieve the results that you desire. Daily skin care is essential for your skin's health, our products are known to be tailored to your skin and its unique skin concerns. Customized products repair, protect and promote naturally healthy skin.