Dry skin is characterized by a lack of water in the uppermost layer of the skin, the epidermis. The skin also tends to have diminished levels of essential oils, causing dry, white patches.
Due to lack of moisture in the skin, the dead skin cells accumulate at the pores and show up as flaky skin. In such cases, the skin’s natural barrier is also damaged, exposing the deeper layers of the skin to pollutants, resulting in inflammation.
Causes Of Dry Skin
There is no single cause of dry skin. It could be due to external or internal factors. External factors being the environment, skincare, etc., and internal factors being genetics.
Some external factors include:
- Using harsh cleansers that strip the skin of essential moisture
- Hot water baths can affect the pH balance of the skin
- Extreme weather conditions
SkinKraft Regimen For Dry Skin
SkinKraft’s products are customized to suit your unique skin characteristics and needs. Each step in the 3 step regimen works to repair, nourish and protect your skin.
- The cleanser has a pH balance similar to that of the skin (5.5-6) so it doesn’t strip the skin of essential oils
- The cleanser also includes colloidal oatmeal that deeply nourishes the skin and maintains its firmness
- The barrier repair moisturizers, unlike general moisturizers, repair the skin’s natural barrier to hydrate the skin from within
- The moisturizers contain ceramides that make up 50% of the skin’s moisture reserves and prevent any damage to the skin
- An active for a specific skin issue is formulated with time-tested and clinically proven ingredients
While being effective, the products are also totally safe for you:
- Free of 24 toxins- SLS, SLES, Parabens, etc.,
- esigned under Dermatologist supervision
- Approved by Dermatologists
Was this Article helpful?
- Least helpful
- Most helpful
How can we make this page better?
What did you like about this page?
Thank you for your feedback on this article.