You have most probably come across this article because you were browsing the internet for different ways of hair growth, right? How often have you tried the various techniques recommended online to promote quick hair growth, and failed miserably?
If you had come across something called the inversion method for hair growth and just decided to ignore it, you should definitely try it now. The method uses the common belief that increased blood flow can enhance hair growth and has become adopted by tons of people across the globe. Find out all about it below.
- What Is The Inversion Method? Is It Safe?
- How To Apply The Inversion Method For Hair Growth?
- How Much Oil Should You Use?
- How Often Should You Perform The Inversion Method For Hair Growth?
- Can You Do The Inversion Method Everyday?
- Should You Wash Your Hair After The Inversion Method?
- Does The Inversion Method Work If You Don’t Use Oil?
What Is The Inversion Method? Is It Safe?
The inversion method is basically hanging your head upside down to increase blood flow to your scalp. It works on the principle that when blood reaches your scalp while you invert, it aids in hair growth. It is also said that this technique can grow your hair up to 2 extra inches every month.
Some proponents of this method suggest doing a headstand or using an inversion table to increase blood flow to your follicles. However, the inversion method does not have safety guidelines, as it has not been thoroughly studied.
Keep in mind that hanging your head downwards can cause your blood pressure to increase and slow your heart rate. Thus, it is advised to speak to your doctor about whether or not you can do the inversion method. The position can also strain your neck and back, and cause you to feel dizzy.
Avoid doing the inversion method if any of these conditions apply to you:
- High blood pressure
- Ear infection or pain
- Detached retina
- Back or spinal pain
How To Apply The Inversion Method For Hair Growth?
1. Massage Your Hair With Oil
Massaging your hair stimulates hair growth and the use of essential oils can make it more effective.
- Take a few drops of essential oil and mix it with a carrier oil of your choice (olive, jojoba).
- Warm the mixture and gently rub it into your scalp using circular motions.
- Make sure your whole scalp is covered.
- Massage for 5 minutes.
Did You Know?
- Essential oils like peppermint oil and rose oil have been used for years to stimulate hair growth. They are said to be effective in promoting thick, lustrous hair.
2. The Inversion Method
This method can involve any technique that gets your head upside down. We have explained how you do the chair method.
- Leave your hair loose.
- Sit on a chair with your knees apart and hang your head downwards (below your heart).
- Try to stay in the position for about 4 minutes.
- Sit up slowly to avoid a head rush and rinse off the oil with shampoo.
- Repeat every day for one week.
- You can practice this for one week straight every month.
If you feel too dizzy, stop and sit up straight. Don’t overuse shampoo as it can remove essential oils from your scalp.
How Much Oil Should You Use?
Use a generous amount of oil, but don’t drench your head in a litre of oil! Too much oil means too much shampoo. Shampoos may cause your hair to lose out on its essential oils and moisture. Also, since you are going to be oiling your hair for the next 7 days as part of this method, avoid using too much to avoid a greasy scalp.
How Often Should You Perform The Inversion Method For Hair Growth?
The proponents of this method suggest for you to do it for one week straight and then take a 3-week break. If you exceed the one week limit, your body may get adapted to this, which will not give you the desired results.
Can You Do The Inversion Method Everyday?
You can do the inversion every day for a week. Exceeding that period may not give you results, as your body may get adapted to the way of the flow.
Should You Wash Your Hair After The Inversion Method?
If you have applied oil to your hair (as recommended), you should ideally wash your hair off with a mild shampoo after you have completed doing the inversion method.
Does The Inversion Method Work If You Don’t Use Oil?
We are yet to get some evidence regarding the same. A lot of people claim that this method is nothing more than a way to get you to massage your scalp everyday with oil, in order to make it grow faster. People say that the main component here is the oil.
However, proponents claim differently. Some women even say that they have seen their hair grow by an inch every week, using the inversion method.
The inversion method involves hanging your head upside down to increase blood flow to the scalp. It should not be done for more than one week every month. Many have claimed that this technique has helped their hair grow faster. So do try it and let us know if it worked for you. Don’t forget to follow the precautions we mentioned above.
Was this Article helpful?
- Least helpful
- Most helpful
How can we make this page better?
What did you like about this page?
Thank you for your feedback on this article.