If you’ve been looking for a magic potion for your skin, you should consider Vitamin E. An essential nutrient found naturally in some foods including nuts, seeds and green vegetables, it has been a popular ingredient in skincare product for years.
Vitamin E is an antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties that are effective in maintaining skin health . Read on to know about its benefits, precautions and what products to use.
1. What Does Vitamin E Oil Do For Your Face?
Vitamin E oil moisturizes and nourishes your skin. It adds to your glow and makes your skin smooth and healthy. The oil is also known to reduce hyperpigmentation and wrinkles, besides maintaining skin health.
2. Benefits of Vitamin E Oil
A. Reduces Hyperpigmentation
Studies suggest that combining Vitamin E with Vitamin C can work as a natural sun protector and can reduce hyperpigmentation. If you’re adventurous and enjoy staying out in the sun for long hours, this can be your new best friend!
B. Prevents Skin Aging
The antioxidants present in Vitamin E improves blood circulation. Vitamin E oil and other topical forms of Vitamin E slow down your skin-aging process . The oil can make your skin look firm and youthful!
C. Improves Dry Skin Conditions
Vitamin E oil acts as a moisturizer to reduce and prevent dry skin. Studies suggest that Vitamin E oil can be helpful in treating mild psoriasis.
D. Removes Dirt
Vitamin E oil is a heavy emollient. It removes dirt from your pores to give you a refreshed and smooth appearance. A few drops of Vitamin E oil should do the trick.
3. Vitamin E Oil Precautions And Safety
Vitamin E oil is not feasible for every skin type. If you have oily skin, it may not be the best option for you to use. However, it does not have any serious side-effects.
4. How To Apply Vitamin E Oil To Your Face?
Before applying Vitamin E oil to your face, conduct a patch test at the back of your hand. Wait for 24 hours at least. If the patch doesn’t feel itchy, dry or red, you can apply it to your face.
If you’re using pure Vitamin E oil, follow these steps while applying it to your face:
- Wash your face and gently pat dry. Cleansing is always the first and most vital step of your skincare regimen.
- Take a hot/warm towel and wrap it around your face for 2-3 minutes. This will allow your pores to open up and soak-in the oil better.
- Take a pea-sized amount of the oil. Gently rub the oil into your skin with your fingertips. Don’t be too harsh on your skin.
- If you have dry skin, you can leave the oil on overnight. If you’re prone to breakouts or have sensitive skin, wash it off after 15 minutes.
- In case you choose to apply the oil to the rest of your body, make sure it doesn’t touch your clothes. You want your skin to reap the benefits of the oil, not stain your clothes!
5. Tips for Vitamin E Oil
- Vitamin E oil is sticky. It can stain your pillows and sheets. If you choose to leave it on overnight, wrap a soft towel around your pillow to avoid staining.
- Bedtime is ideal for application as the oil doesn’t allow makeup to stay for long hours. Also, it can make your skin look greasy.
- Make sure to wash your hands thoroughly after application to avoid them from feeling greasy and slippery.
How Long Can I Leave Vitamin E Oil On My Face?
Before using any oil, it is recommended to determine your skin type first. Vitamin E oil can benefit your skin in many ways. However, it is not suitable for all skin types. The oil can clog pores and aggravate breakouts.
If you have oily skin, wash off the oil after 15 minutes. Over time, if you don’t experience breakouts, you can extend the time limit.
Oral Vitamin E supplements are a better option if you have oily skin. However, its usage for more than a year can result in thinning of blood and reduce platelet count. Consult your dermatologist before consuming Vitamin E supplements.
Can You Leave Vitamin E Oil On Your Face Overnight?
Vitamin E promotes smooth skin. If you have dry skin, leaving it on for the whole night is recommended as it does not result in any side effects in most cases.
As an overnight treatment, mix Vitamin E oil with a carrier oil like jojoba oil or coconut oil. A carrier oil will dilute the Vitamin E oil and make sure it stays on the skin. Essential oils like Vitamin E oil evaporate easily and don’t stay on the skin for long hours if applied alone.
If you have oily or sensitive skin, leaving Vitamin E oil on for the whole night is not recommended. Wash off the oil 15 minutes after application.
What Is The Best Vitamin E Product For You?
If you have dry skin or eczema, applying pure Vitamin E oil can be beneficial. However, if you have oily skin, it is recommended to buy a moisturizer containing Vitamin E to avoid clogging your pores.
If you experience any allergic reactions or outbreaks after using it, visit a dermatologist. Your doctor will help you determine which form of Vitamin E will best suit your skin.
Was this Article helpful?
- Least helpful
- Most helpful
How can we make this page better?
What did you like about this page?
Thank you for your feedback on this article.