Winter is here, marking a time where you perhaps need to moisturize your skin more than usual. Your cold creams and body lotions are not offering you enough protection from the harsh weather, right?
Well, here’s a new option that can replace all the cold creams and body lotions for effective moisturization - body yogurts. Find out all about body yogurts in this article.
What Is Body Yogurt & What Does It Do?
While cold creams and body lotions were the only winter skincare options a few years ago, now there are more choices available. You can customize your skincare regime with creams, moisturizers, body lotions, body mousse, or body butter to suit your skin and lifestyle.
The latest entrant to this category is body yogurt, which can hydrate the skin in seconds. So, if you’re on the go, applying a dollop of yogurt takes care of your skin easily.
Body yogurt is made with bio-fermented hyaluronic acid, which keeps the skin hydrated for long hours. It is essentially a vegan product, so if you want to avoid animal derivatives in your skincare regime, body yogurt is just right for you.
How Do You Use Body Yogurt?
Body yogurt offers a great way to keep your skin hydrated throughout the harsh winter months. To use,
- Apply body yogurt generously two times a day, preferably after shower, because it works best on wet skin.
- Gently massage the body yogurt around your face and body, concentrating more on areas with blemishes or under eye dark patches.
- Use in small quantities, as only a little bit of yogurt is enough to moisturize your skin deeply. You won't need any applicators to make it work.
What Are The Benefits Of Body Yogurt?
- The most significant benefit of body yogurt is it gets absorbed in seconds, and thus you can instantly see the results.
- You don't need to dry yourself after a face wash, to apply body yogurt. You can use it right after a shower when the skin is still wet.
- It is non-sticky and non-oily.
- It hydrates your skin from within.
- Body yogurt is entirely vegan.
What's The Difference Between Body Butter And Body Yogurt?
Body butter is a deep skin moisturizer made with different types of butter, carrier oil, essential oils, minerals, and essential fats. The carrier oil helps to carry the essential oil to the skin. Body butter is usually made with shea butter and cocoa butter. They are usually very low in water content compared to other moisturizers.
Although both body butter and body yogurt moisturize the body, there are some differences between the two.
Body butter works best when used on dry skin
Body yogurt works best when applied on wet skin
Body butter may not be a vegan product
Body yogurt is essentially a vegan product
Effect on skin
Body butter is an intense skin moisturizer
Body yogurt works instantly as it gets absorbed quickly
Body butter viscosity depends on the ingredients used, but it is usually thicker than other moisturizers
Body yogurt is light, non-oily and non-greasy
How Often Should You Use Body Yogurt?
While there is no standard rule, use body yogurt in a manner that suits your skin type. For best results, you can apply body yogurt twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. Remember, body yogurts work best on wet skin.
Which Body Yogurt Is The Best?
A lot of ready-to-use body yogurts are readily available in the market in different fragrances. But if you wish to make your body yogurt at home, here is a quick DIY guide. Making body yogurts at home is easy, and you can find the ingredients easily.
To make body yogurt, you’ll need:
1. Aloe vera gel :150 ml
You can buy it from any store. Alternatively, if you have aloe vera plants at home, you can collect the fresh aloe vera gel from your home garden. Aloe vera gel has many benefits for the skin, and it is especially good for dry skin problems.
2. Almond oil :2-3 tablespoons
Almond oil is rich in antioxidants and vitamin E that deeply nourishes the skin.
3. Essential oil :2-3 drops
You can choose any fragrance that you like
1. Take a clean bowl and add the aloe vera gel to it.
2. Add one tablespoon of almond oil to it and beat it with an electric beater till it turns frothy.
3. Add the remaining almond oil to it. Mix well.
4. Finish up with 2-3 drops of fragrance of your choice.
5. Store in a clean glass jar.
Here is another recipe for you to try.
- Aloe vera gel: 1 cup
- Jojoba oil: 1 tsp
- Apricot kernel oil: 1 tsp
- Lemon: 2-3 drops
1. Take one cup of aloe vera gel in a bowl.
2. Add a spoonful of jojoba oil and 1 tsp of apricot kernel oil
3. Add two to three drops of lemon juice to the mixture.
4. Apply the aloe vera gel mixture all over your wet skin right after the shower, and you’re done.
Body yogurt is a great option to keep your skin moisturized throughout the day and night, especially if you don't want to spend too much time on skin moisturizing. With many benefits, body yogurt is easy to make and works wonders in keeping your skin instantly hydrated.
Was this Article helpful?
- Least helpful
- Most helpful
How can we make this page better?
What did you like about this page?
Thank you for your feedback on this article.