You don't need a long list of skincare products for healthy, bright skin. A gentle touch of nature is enough to rejuvenate your skin. We are talking about neem for face care.
Neem is a medicinal plant having anti-inflammatory and healing properties. Thus, it can make your skin healthy. Neem leaves have Nimbin, Nimbolide, and azadirachtin to prevent skin problems like acne. Hence, neem is often used in various skincare products.
Read on to find out how neem can be beneficial for your skin and the right ways to use it.
Is Neem Good For Your Face?
Neem is a home remedy for various skin problems and hair issues. Many Ayurvedic ointments for the skin include neem for its antiseptic and medicinal properties. In Vedas, neem is regarded as a sarva roga nivarini or “a cure to all ailments.” 
If you want to decrease rash and redness and have clear skin, you can add neem to your skincare routine. Though neem is not harsh on the skin, you should consult a doctor to avoid any adverse effects due to any inherent skin condition.
How To Use Neem Leaves For Your Face?
Neem has antiseptic qualities that can benefit the face. Therefore, whether it is harmful acne or rash, you can use neem to get rid of it. Research suggests Lecithin in neem leaves soothes and moisturizes the skin.
Neem leaves also cure wrinkles and dry skin and give you a healthy, glowing face. You can use neem regularly, but do consider your skin condition and skin type before deciding on the frequency of usage.
You can add neem leaves to your beauty regime in multiple ways. You can use neem leaves for face and skincare directly or blend them with other natural ingredients for effective results. Here are some suggestions about how you can use neem leaves on your face:
A biweekly or monthly application of neem paste on your skin is a great way for benefiting from its properties. You can make a neem pack for your face at home quite easily. All you need to do is take 10- 12 neem leaves and grind them with water to make a paste. You can then apply it to your face, and wash it off after 15-20 minutes. However, if you experience any itchiness with its usage, you should consult a doctor.
You should not use neem paste directly on your face every day.
You can also make a face pack by using neem powder. Take two tablespoons of neem powder, and add water to make a smooth paste. Be careful while pouring water into the mix. Check the consistency after adding a few drops to avoid making it too runny.
As neem leaves work better with other natural ingredients, you can mix a pinch of turmeric in the neem paste. Apply it to your face for 10 -15 minutes, and rinse the face pack with lukewarm water.
If you have sensitive skin, do a patch test by using the paste on the side of your neck or ear before applying it on your entire face.
3. Neem With Lemon
Lemon has acidic properties and is known for reducing pigmentation. When combined with neem, lemon can work effectively on multiple skin problems. You can mix two teaspoons of neem leaf powder with one teaspoon of lemon juice diluted with water.
The paste should be thick. If you want soft and bright skin, you may sprinkle a few drops of rose water in your face pack. Apply the face pack, and leave it on for a moment to dry. Wash your face with cold water to get glowing and flawless skin.
Neem Face Pack For Healthy Skin
Neem is a common ingredient in many skin care products. It is known for its antibacterial and healing properties. If you want a solution for your acne breakouts that isn’t harsh to your skin, then neem can be one. Antioxidant-rich neem leaves soothe rashes and irritations on the skin. 
You can make a neem face pack by directly making a paste with neem leaves. You can also add natural ingredients like aloe vera, lemon, turmeric, and rose water based on the reason of usage.
- For Dark spot removal: To make a face pack for dark-spot removal, mix the paste of neem leaves with yogurt and apply it to your face. After drying, rinse it well.
- Healing dry skin: Make a face pack by boiling neem leaves and creating a paste. Mix the neem paste with turmeric powder and coconut oil. Wait for a couple of minutes after applying it to your face, and rinse. Avoid this face pack if you have severe acne on your skin. Do use a moisturizer after the application for best results.
- Treating oily skin: Oily skin and acne breakout is also a concern for many individuals. If you face such a problem, make a face pack with two teaspoons of neem leaves paste, two teaspoons of rose water, and one teaspoon of lemon juice. Rinse and massage well after waiting for some time and finally moisturize your skin.
- Bringing out the natural glow: Neem can be a part of your beauty regime for naturally glowing skin. Take basil and neem leaves in equal proportions and blend them to make a face pack. Add half a cup of multani mitti and one teaspoon of honey. Wait for 15 minutes after applying the face pack. Scrub your face gently and rinse well.
- Removing acne and pimples: This face pack includes argan oil, which is known for its antibacterial properties. Make a face pack with grated cucumber, neem leaf paste, and argan oil. Wait for 20 minutes after applying the face pack, and then wash it well. Gently massage your skin with a moisturizer to get acne-free smooth skin.
Benefits Of Adding Neem To Your Daily Skincare Routine
There are multiple benefits of using neem in your daily skincare routine:
- Removes dark spots, acne scars, and blemishes
- Heals infected skin, pimples, and rashes.
- Makes your skin healthy.
- Brightens up the skin tone by increasing your skin's natural glow.
- The antibacterial nature of neem leaves also prevents skin infections.
- By pulling out the impurities from the skin, neem leaves also work effectively on blackheads and whiteheads.
- Neem’s anti-aging properties help in reducing wrinkles and fine lines.
Did You Know?
Neem oil also has a positive effect on hair care because of its antioxidant and anti-fungal properties. It can also stimulate the dormant hair follicle and promote hair growth.
Neem is a natural remedy that can offer you healthy skin. Using chemical skincare products may cause harm to your skin, especially if it's sensitive or dry. You can use neem leaves to make a paste with oil, or you may make face masks by adding them to other ingredients like sandal, turmeric, yogurt, lemon, and more. Neem can heal acne-prone skin and scars and give you radiant, soft skin because of its antioxidants and medicinal properties.
1. Neem a tree for solving global problems - Published 1992
2. Therapeutics Role of Azadirachta indica (Neem) and Their Active Constituents in Diseases Prevention and Treatment - Published March, 2016
3. Topical application of neem leaves prevents wrinkles formation in UVB-exposed hairless mice - Published April 2017
4. AZADIRACHTA INDICA EXTRACT (NEEM) AS SKIN SOLUTION SOAP - December 2019
5. Topical application of neem leaves prevents wrinkles formation in UVB-exposed hairless mice - Published April, 2017
Was this Article helpful?
- Least helpful
- Most helpful
How can we make this page better?
What did you like about this page?
Thank you for your feedback on this article.